Saturday 16 June 2012

FINALS!

Hey guys,

After a bit of a random hiatus from the blog due to my exams and then due to the period after that I have come back to share things I have learnt from doing finals and the period immediately after.

1) Never do a science subject. I had three exams in a week and my housemates had 6 exams in 6 days, most of which were half 9 exams. Ouch. Plus, they have another year.

2) In that week of finals one can go from hyper to depressive in the space of two hours. This was not fun.

3) Friday the 13th Parts I - IV are surprisingly good (but Part V - eeehhh).

4) Going home to 'rest your liver' involves drinking at least one pint a night.

5) Oxford 'trashings' are way more fun. My boyfriend got buckets of water thrown over him and then proceeded to down a bottle of champagne. I went to the pub with friends and my sister and then got drunk watching Eurovision.

6) The latest part of A Song of Ice and Fire is not as good as the rest of it. Some of the characters were superfluous and the sex bothered me for the first time. Also, cliffhangers are so unfair.

7) David Copperfield is really really sad. But very good.

8) Cheesy club music is the best in the world. I Am The One and Only, the Cha Cha slide, Call Me Maybe = yeeees.

9) You do feel kinda empty once all the celebrations are over. There's a whole summer ahead and it has to be filled with stuff (or at least mine does). Luckily, I've got my boyfriend coming back home soon, India and a trip to Europe with the family to look forward to!

10) It is a mixture of feelings but just enjoy it and the way forward is to get very drunk and not think about the future for at least a few weeks! It's a really strange time because all of your friends are moving on into jobs, masters or travelling and growing up! But make the most of it!

I know it's a pretty random list but it does encapsulate my last few weeks pretty well. How were your end of year exams/finals etc?

More soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment