Tuesday 3 April 2012

Tuneful Tuesdays!

Hey there,

It's time for the second installment of sharing my musical interests with you guys. Just a quick post cos I need a bath and then I'm meeting my mum at the National Portrait Gallery so we can hopefully get in to see the Lucien Freud exhibition! It's all sold out online and I don't know how much chance we have of getting in (waaah).

 Anyway, this week's music is rather long, so you don't really have to listen to it, but if you have time to spare/are revising etc then I would look up Birtwistle's The Minotaur. I wrote my dissertation on this opera so it's a very personal entry for me. The music is quite hard to get to grips with but it's so worth it because it's completely amazing! I could tell you lots and lots about the piece but basically have a go and don't be scared of not understanding it, just let it wash over you!


No comments:

Post a Comment